Saturday 7 February 2009

Playing Catch Up

It's funny how when ever I post a "Best of" list a load of good stuff appears in late December that either I've overlooked or have just discovered whilst reading another person end of year musings. This year has been no exception. So, here is a brief list of some of the albums I discovered...

Actress - Hazyville
The Alps - III
Byetone- Death Of A Typographer
Crystal Stilts - All of Night
Fire On Fire - The Orchard
The Fun Years - Baby, It's Cold Inside
Gas - Nah Und Fern LP
Koen Holtkamp - Field Rituals
Lawrence English - Kiri No Oto
Machinefabriek - Dauw
Pale Young Gentlemen - Black Forest (tra la la)
That Ghost - Young Fridays
Scott Tuma - Not For Nobody
Soccer Committee & Machinefabriek - Drawn

Have you too discovered any late 2008 gems?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely agree with you on Actress, The Alps, and The Fun Years. The Fun Years was my #1 album of the year. A few that were late discoveries for me:

Black Affair, Pleasure Pressure Point
Newworldaquarium, The Dead Bears
Message To Bears/The Soul's Release, Split
Tempa, Time To Run
Brael, Brael

Fume said...

Cheers onecaseman, the Fun Years is great isn't it. It reminds me of The Gentlemen Losers, if you haven't heard of them I highly recommend you check 'em out.

Out of the albums you've mentioned I've only listened to Newworldaquarium, so, I'm off eagerly hunting for those others as I know from past experience your recommendations are, more often than not, spot on.

Cheers

No label persuasion, just personal opinion.